As anyone who might happen upon these digitized thought balloons will quickly discover, they have either nothing, or maybe everything, to do with grilled cheese sandwiches; and most likely never touch on anything relating to cooking or the kitchen... except perhaps, the very first posting. And so, with your indulgence, may I present, the ramblings of a reforming philosopher...

Sunday, February 2, 2014

TOAD-aly Amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gl0f4wOvQU

I suffer from the same malady as did the infamous Toad of Toad Hall, as depicted in Disney's classic rendition of Kenneth Grahame’s "Wind in the Willows." When Toad encounters a passing motor car, he is not only stricken with visions of fancy, he is also physically shaken into a new dimension of thought, possibility, and action.
I too am occasionally totally awestruck by new potentials in art, music, technology, scientific achievement, or whatever appears in my peculiar frame of reference, to be a world shaking event. The items are typically unknown to me in advance of their presentation… or at best, outside my current level of awareness. Their seemingly sudden advent into my view is therefore, personally stunning... and always of surprising impact.
Equally astonishing is the powerful magnetic effect the new information seems to generate.
Once noticed, it pulls or reveals related material and events into this newborn reality in almost a self-willed motivation to enhance and strengthen it’s existence. The overall result is that the object, idea, or concept in question expands exponentially, penetrating deeply into consciousness until it occupies even the most feeble of my thoughts. From there, depending upon skills, talents, available cash, or room in the garage, it is just a matter of time before concept is transported into physical reality.  Within my own periphery of comprehension the subject morphs from non-existence, to thought, then to tangible authenticity.
Call it goal-setting, positive thinking, quantum realities or whatever… I really don’t care. All I know is that it works like a darn. Unfortunately or fortunately for me, it only happens when, like Toad… I am “Mesmerized” by something previously strange and totally unfamiliar. But the event usually ends with me being catapulted into a brand new and always exciting adventure.
Therefore... Of recent note was my venture into a Vimeo clip link received in an email from a friend.  It’s an amazing aerial view of surfing in Oahu which not only grabbed my attention as beautiful imagery, but also caught my attention when I discovered it was filmed by a small quadcopter. That revelation sent me surfing electronically, searching for additional information and insights into the realms of this brave new world. From there, I zeroed in on one specific model of quadcopter, the Phantom 2 Vision manufactured by DJI Innovations, and as of this posting, am in the process of reviewing everything I can find regarding the machine and its potential.
 
I don’t know what will happen tomorrow… J.
 
Article Copyright J. Michael Lyffe - 2014

No comments :

Post a Comment